Product Release Notes
We’re constantly looking to improve our products and offer new features and integrations for our software. Here you can see what’s new, what’s been updated and any bug fixes we have made.
9 October 2023
pointOne now has a Standalone Mode that upgrades on the previous Failover Service and improves offline functionality.
In the event of a network failure or server outage, pointOne will detect the failure and give the user the option to switch into Standalone Mode. During this mode, data is stored locally until the network is available again, at which point any orders created in standalone mode will be transferred back to the main server.
In addition, tills can optionally be switched into Standalone Mode enabling temporary use in an area with no connectivity, eg. a marquee, truck, or temporary event bar.
Please note, during a network failure, hardware such as PDQ’s and links to 3rd party systems (e.g. Resdiary, Collins, Como, etc.) may be limited in functionality or unavailable, and not all pointOne/head-office functions will be available.
13 September 2023
- Managing interval orders for 2 performances in one day has been made easier because the “Print Interval Orders” screen will now print matinee interval orders separately from evening interval orders that are received from online ordering. If you wish to make use of this feature, please contact the pointOne support team and ask that your preferred matinee\evening split time is applied to your database.
- Fixed a bug which had the following behaviour: when the same item was added twice to an order, both times with the same modifiers, they’d sometimes display separately with a quantity of 1 each instead of being shown together with a quantity of 2.
05 September 2023
- Fixed a bug that prevented posting to the Kinetic PMS.
- Fixed a bug that prevented saving changes to Rezlynx Posting Code configuration.
- Fixed a bug that caused the default fall-back Rezlynx posting code to be sent instead of the correct posting code when no Restaurant Sessions are configured.
- Fixed a bug that caused items with a specified preparation time to appear immediately in KMS rather than wait to display when their prep time is due.
22 August 2023
- The PaymentSense Pay at Table integration has been enhanced to support card payments where there are multiple bills for the same table, for example where each person at the table wishes to have their own bill. The PaymentSense devices show Table number + Bill ID to distinguish between each separate bill.
18 August 2023
- The Terminal Properties screen in System Settings has been improved to enable showing or hiding the new PDQ selection screen.
- The user interface for fingerprint enrolment has been improved so that adding a new user and enrolling the fingerprint can be done as part of the same operation instead of in 2 separate steps.
- Fixed errors that could occur when creating a new User in System Management, Edit User.
- Fixed a bug which caused the removal of a leading zero from a PaymentSense Terminal ID when configuring PDQs.
- Fixed a bug that prevented issuing a new loyalty card.
24 July 2023
- When making a card payment, users can select any available PDQ. Previously, the only available PDQ was the one configured specifically for the terminal. Now, a new configuration screen allows easy listing and naming of PDQs and, when making a card payment, users are shown a list of PDQs to select from. During card payment, if a PDQ is already in use it shows as unavailable in the list, and then changes to show as available as soon as it becomes free.
- Various user interface improvements and bug fixes were made to support currencies that use 3 decimal places.
- The Bulk Item Editing screen has been updated to display Price Bands in Screen Order to match the order in the Price Band setting screen.
- Fixed a crash that would happen when using Table Plan to open a table when “Allow Out of Plan Tables to be Opened?” and “Ask for Number of Guests?” are both selected in system settings.
- Fixed a bug that prevented items from being sent to the kitchen printer when “Send to Printers/Screens when User Leaves Order“ and “Logoff After Guest Bill?“ are ticked in system settings.
- Fixed a bug which caused pointOne to crash when Saving or Printing the Financial Statement report.
- Fixed a bug which left the Payment Summary section blank in the Terminal Z reports when all payments to a terminal were deposits and none were cash, card, etc.
28 June 2023
- The “Comp items” button, found in the payment screen, has been deprecated and disabled in preparation for its removal in a future version. The recommended way to Comp an item is to tap on the Discount button on the payment screen, tap on the Specific Item(s) button and then Comp items as needed by using the Comp button or specifying 100% discount.
16 June 2023
- The permissions controlling access to Adhoc Refunds has been tightened. Access to Adhoc Refunds is restricted to Administrators and Managers, is entirely disabled by default, but can be enabled on request.
- After cancelling out of the modifier options screen, the same modifier options were displayed in future for all other items.
- Fixed a bug so that priceband changes made to a table order will adjust the price of miscellaneous items.
13 June 2023
- When paying by Coupon, the type of the Coupon, e.g. Groupon, can be included with the payment information.
- Postcode validation now supports non-UK postcodes
- Display ResDiary Deposit details in the Booking Details screen
- Service charge is now included in Room Raccoon Room Posts
- Online Orders sent with a non-standard time (e.g.17:01 instead of 17:00) displayed with an incorrect time. This has been fixed so that the time specified is displayed.
- Fixed: when splitting a bill by item, the last split could have an incorrect cost of zero
- Multiple Resdiary fixes and improvements.
- Fixed a bug which prevented Off-Sale items from automatically returning to On-Sale on their Back-On-Sale Date
- Fixed a bug which caused the Support Form to partially obscure the case number of a newly submitted case.
- Fixed a bug in which the use of the item Lookup screen could lead to a Dry item being displayed as a beverage in a table order.
- Fixed a bug in which items for an Interval order would fail to print when the allergen prompt was active.
- Double clicking on a Meal Deal title in a table order no longer causes pointOne to crash.
- After deleting an area from a space in the Configure Venue Seating screen, all the remaining areas now remain visible instead of disappearing from view.
- Fixed a bug in which the price of Miscellaneous Items remained unaltered when the priceband reverted back to the Standard priceband.
2 June 2023
- Modifications have been made to fix problems with recent fingerprint login changes (introduction of support for the Oxhoo EVOQ’s fingerprint reader).
- Migration of fingerprints has been removed as advised by Digital Persona, and changes made to reduce the possibility of false positives or false negatives with fingerprint recognition.
- Fixed an error when saving details for a network printer.
18 May 2023
- The focus of this release has been to significantly improve pointOne’s ability to recover from network instability and transient disconnections, for example by taking a mobile tablet through a Wifi network’s dead zone, or by internet connection failures to a cloud database. A message explaining the problem will be displayed while connectivity is re-established in the background at which point pointOne will seamlessly resume its paused activity without user intervention or loss of data.
10 May 2023
- Fingerprint Reader support for the Oxhoo EVOQ terminal has been added.
23 February 2023
- Intergration with the Room Raccoon PMS has been introduced which enables charging restaurant and bar sales to a guest’s room.
5 January 2023
- Timed device shutdown for power saving. Tills can be set to power off each day at different times each day if required, to reduce costs and power usage.
16 November 2022
- HOP End of Day has been modified so that gratuity amounts are handled equivalently in pointOne and HOP.
- Fixed centralised deposits so that when deposit redemptions include pennies, the pence amount is included in the Amount Redeemed.
6 October 2022
- The value of the split service charge has been added to the printout for equal split bills.
- Transaction details in Review Transactions now include date and time print details for kitchen prints and bill prints and will show if kitchen prints or bill prints were not done.
- Time synchronisation between the Till and the server defaults to off to prevent Till clocks from being out by 1 hour due to cloud hosted databases not respecting BST time changes.
- The webcam capture facility to enable capturing images for membership accounts and user details has been re-instated.
- Fixed a bug to prevent items from being auto-added to orders that are off-sale and set to auto-add to orders.
- Open priced items (items where the price is set at the till) can no longer be auto-added to an order which is more logical and prevents the error that occurred when trying to remove one from an order.
- Fixed a bug to prevent a crash on opening a new table when table plan is enabled.
- Modifying an Item using “Print in this category” after clicking “Modify Item” has been fixed to print the item in the intended category.
- A crash that occurred after refunding a part card and part Yoyo payment has been prevented.
- A user’s Maximum Discount setting is now respected, limiting how much discount a given user can authorise.
- Using Bulk Change to edit items now correctly preserves a blank Double Price instead of changing the price of Doubles to £0.00.
- Fixed a bug that caused an incorrect negative Change Due value to be shown in the transaction journal after clicking “Print Journal” in the Completed Transactions screen.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when refunding a part card and part HOP transaction.
- Added a warning when refunding a HOP transaction that the refund details need to be added manually in the HOP UI as HOP does not support refunds via the POS.
- Fixed a crash when refunding a part card and part Yoyo payment.
- Fixed a limitation of Barcode Scanner configuration in the Spektrix integration which forced all Tills to use the same values, causing additional setup time and problems during installation.
- Configuration of the Barcode Scanner details has been centralised and simplified so that edits for scanner usage in pointOne, Yoyo, and Spektrix are made in one place.
- Fixed a bug in Price Bands that could cause price errors when the option “Manually Choose which Products to include” was removed from the Price Band.
- Fixed a bug so that cancellation of switching into Training Mode correctly causes pointOne to remain in Live Mode instead of incorrectly continuing into Training Mode.
- Fixed a bug the Edit User screen’s Photo / ID tab that prevented saving a user’s photo to the database.
12 September 2022
- The Tessitura integration has been re-instated, enabling payment by Tessitura voucher.
- Fixed a bug which resulted in the Spektrix integration not respecting price band timing rules.
7 September 2022
- Print Bill functionality now includes an optional Guest Payment hint which shows how much each guest would pay towards an equal share of the bill.
- Support for Training Mode (i.e. using pointOne with a training database) has been re-instated, enabling easy switching between Training Mode and Live Mode.
- A bug in Barcode Scanner functionality has been fixed so that scanning in the Spektrix integration is no longer blocked following scans in the order screen.
18 August 2022
- Fixed a crash that occurred when refunding a transaction paid by part card and part account when remote accounts are in use.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the new ReceiptHero transactionType field from being seen in receipts.
- Fixed a bug that prevented part card and part account payments from being sent to ReceiptHero.
- Fixed a bug that prevented modifiers from showing on ReceiptHero refund receipts.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Miscellaneous items from showing on ReceiptHero receipts.
- Fixed a bug that prevented custom modifiers from being included in refunds.
26 July 2022
- Support for Bluetooth Belt Printing has been added so that staff can make sales on a tablet device from anywhere within an auditorium or sales area and print receipts conveniently using a Bluetooth printer attached to their belt.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the payment details for some Verifone devices from being recorded.
19 July 2022
- Added a configurable “receipt prompt” facility which enables asking customers if they want a receipt printed, emailed or to have no receipt. System settings have been updated to configure receipt prompts for table, bar, retail and takeaway orders with the options being No receipt, Always print receipt, Ask to Print, Ask to Email, and Ask to Print or Email.
- A new Transaction Type field has been added to the ReceiptHero integration that enables sending a Purchase\Refund indicator.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when settling transactions for an account when there were more than 32,767 transactions to settle
- Fixed an error that prevented room posts via the Kinetic Solutions PMS integration
- Fixed a bug that caused some reports to categorise products as just wet or dry instead of categorising also by Department
- When the Windows system font is increased the “Customer has no allergen tolerance” message is no longer truncated
- Fixed a bug in the Lookup Product screen in Table Orders that enabled products set to not display at a particular time to be displayed and added to an order.
- The ReceiptHero integration has been modified so that it sends the PaymentSense PDQ Terminal ID instead of the pointOne ID for a till.
- The ReceiptHero integration has been modified to send a transaction’s timestamp that matches the timestamp expected by the credit\debit card company
- Fixed a bug that incorrectly permitted items to be voided from a bill due to the manager override screen not honouring override permissions.
23 June 2022
- Fixed a crash that could happen when opening the “Add table to Table Plan” and “Edit Users” screens on some Windows 7 32 bit tills.
- Fixed the display of “Wages/Salaries” in the “Today’s Summary” section in System Management so that the figures update throughout the day.
8 June 2022
Support for RFID cards has been added. RFID cards can be used in addition to magnetic cards to login, switch logins in the bar order and table order screens, top up a membership card, pay by membership card, apply loyalty points, check a loyalty card value, trigger a price band, name a bar or table order, authorise a price band and authorise removing an item from an order.
25 May 2022
- Integration with Receipt Hero has been added.
- Kitchen printer templates now include “Current User” in addition to “Original Server”.
- pointOne will notify Kitchen Management System (KMS) about table merges.
- KMS can be configured to display the customer’s logo on the main screen.
- KMS now includes a Bump Bar to increase\decrease the priority of an order.
- KMS can display the customer’s logo rather than the pointOne logo when there are no orders to display.
- KMS buttons, e.g. Print, Park, Items can be hidden if not required.
- A warning message is displayed when the discount amount exceeds the Order Balance when a discount is applied after a part payment.
- The Rezlynx PMS integration now has an option to not send zero priced modifier options.
- The Rezlynx PMS Integration can customize the Shift IDs sent to Rezlynx with each room post.
- The Rezlynx settings screen has been updated to support new configuration options.
- VAT registration number is now included in the Online Ordering Receipt email.
- The display of wage costs in the salary form has been improved
- pointOne can be configured to allow clock out with open tables.
- Allergen information for a product is available from the order screens using the item Description button.
- Dietary requirements are included with Collins orders.
- Online Ordering Print Client will now optionally print receipts that include additional order information to assist with the management of Delivery and Collection orders.
- Orders from Online Ordering API and other online sources now appear in KMS at the correct time.
- The balance for the Cash Drawer Lift screen is now updated after a new Float is added.
- An error in the calculation of a deposit’s AmountRedeemed after removing a deposit from a bill has been fixed.
- Item PrintText and KitchenText are no longer silently overwritten by ItemName on save.
- An allergen warning is displayed after a product, with an already selected allergen, is added to the order.
- A discounting error that occurred when modifiers were added via the “If Removed from Order, replace with this Modifier” mechanism, has been fixed.
- Fixed the bulk editing of VAT Rates so that takeaway VAT rates are included along with In-Store VAT rates.
05 May 2022
- Fixed an application hang that could occur when writing to the Audit Trail, encountered upon making a payment on some Verifone Devices.
24 March 2022
- Fixed a bug that lead to an incorrect over-payment message and errors on receipts when a modifier was applied to a bill using the “Add\Remove Options screen” and the “replace modifier” mechanism.
09 February 2022
- The Xero integration has been updated to provide a new configuration application that enables editing of VAT rates and account codes for data to be sent to Xero.
- Online Ordering Print Client has been updated to print additional order related information on the receipt (e.g. date and time for collection or delivery) to assist with order management work flow.
- pointOne has been modified to prevent incorrect table merges. If a table was accidentally merged into a table that had already been merged but left open, then the merge attempt would fail and the table being merged would disappear. Tables that have already been merged are no longer available as merge targets.
18 January 2022
- Online Ordering Print Client has been updated to support optional printing of customer receipts for online orders.
- If “PrintUnpaidOrdersUsingPrintClient” and “CompleteOrderAfterPrintClientJob” were both true and an unpaid online order is sent through, the order would be closed. This error no longer happens and unpaid orders remain open with no receipt printed.
12 January 2022
- The default value for United Arab Emirates (UAE) VAT percentage is changed from 5 to 0 to prevent the incorrect activation and application of UAE VAT to transactions following the upgrade of older versions of pointOne.
7 January 2022
- Fixed an error in the bill VAT amount when the United Arab Emirates VAT calculation is enabled and the UAE Levy and UAE VAT percentages are different.
17 December 2021
- Added configuration to enable matching pointOne Shift IDs to Rezlynx Shift IDs so that the expected Shift ID can be sent with Room Posts.
- Fixed double printing of modifiers for interval ordering tickets and preparation summary.
26 November 2021
- Enable refunds of partially redeemed deposits.
- Improved validation for the Request Support Assistance Form.
22 November 2021
- HOP PMS integration has been modified so that posts to HOP House Accounts work in addition to posts to Guest Accounts.
27 October 2021
- Fixed an error that caused a crash when clicking on “Account Payments” in Members and Loyalty when a customer account has more than 32767 account payments.
22 October 2021
- Fixed an error that would incorrectly permit a transaction to be part Rezlynx Room Post and part cash or card payment. All Rezlynx Room Posts must be for the total bill amount. To allow bills to be “split” in this way, Split Bill functionality can be used to Split a Bill into multiple bills to effectively allow a bill to be part paid as a Rezlynx Room Post and part paid as cash or card payment.
- Fixed an error that could occur when opening a Collins Reservation if Collins should send an empty list of customer allergy details. This can happen if one customer in the booking has allergy details while the other has no allergy details.
1 October 2021
- The Edit Users and Transaction Search screens along with several other admin screens had the On-Screen Keyboard button’s icon changed to no longer cause a crash on some tills.
- The “Void All” error has been fixed so that clicking and holding the “Remove” button causes all items in the bill to be removed.
23 September 2021
- The Allergen Warning popup is now displayed both before and after an item with a customer-specified allergen is added to the bill.
- An Item’s Allergens are now correctly displayed in the Item Description screen for Bar and Table Orders
15 September 2021
- The Collins Integration has been included in the bundle for the first time and has been modified to support pre-orders. While booking a reservation, customers can select items from an online menu, pay an optional deposit, and when the reservation is seated in pointOne the menu items ordered online are automatically added to the bill. Table Numbers can also be specified as part of the booking by authorised staff using Collins.
- Technical support requests can be made directly from within point One using the “Request Technical Assistance” screen available from the System Management screen.
- An integration with Spectrix is available, providing Theatre customers with QR Code triggered discounts, product offerings or priceband based deals at the Till.
- Third-party integrators for our Theatre customers can now provide Order-at-Seat functionality. This feature supports multiple Auditoriums (“Venue Spaces”) has well as multiple Areas per auditorium and highly flexible printer-to-seat allocation.
- An integration is available for the Verifone v240 payment device.
- An integration with iHotel is available.
- Interval Ordering for Theatres has been enhanced to enable external integrators to book interval orders in advance.
- A disk space check on start-up has been added to prevent “out of diskspace” errors.
- Support for 2 cash drawers has been added.
- Deposits for Collins now show clearly as “Collins Reservation” instead of just “Reservation”.
- The Deliverect integration and Online Ordering Print Client now prints the channel used (e.g. Uber Eats, Deliveroo, etc) at the top of the kitchen printout.
- The AvonData integration has been updated to work with AvonData’s latest API.
- Refund logic has been modified so that if a payment card is processed by an external company, we no longer popup the card integration window when performing a refund. Instead, we just ask for the card type on the refund.
- The Review Transactions screen has been simplified and converted into 2 screens, one providing list and search functionality and a new screen to display transactions’ details and provide actions such as refund and reprint receipt.
- Interval Ordering for Theatres has been updated to provide optional emailing or receipts.
- When an interval order is created, the user is shown the collection number so they can pass this information on verbally to the customer as well as with the printed interval order ticket.
- When a Rezlynx room post is refunded the user is warned that a refund will need to be applied manually to the Rezlynx account.
- In case the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) does not appear automatically, a button to launch the OSK has been added to forms that have no on-form keyboard and where the OSK cannot be started from any parent form.
- The PaymentSense integration has been modified to prevent transaction timeouts within pointOne while the transaction continues on a Dojo PDQ, for example when there is a delay in presenting the card to a Dojo payment machine. After 60 seconds pointOne will cancel the transaction. This is an interim measure that will become obsolete when PaymentSense update the Dojo device to cancel the payment to match the current behaviour of Ingenico devices.
- The Kitchen Management System has been updated to enable highly customisable configuration of Order Headers in the KMS screen. Order headers for the different order types (Tab / Table / Named Table / Collection / Delivery) can be different. For example, Collection orders and Delivery Orders can display “Collection” or “Delivery”, Named tables can include the table name, and each can optionally include the Bill ID if required.
- The payment screen shows the £ amount of Deposit(s) available to redeem for Collins and ResDiary reservations.
- A Cancel button has been added to the final Deposit Redemption screen to enable cancelling a redemption at the last moment.
- Printer Templates for Kitchen Prints include the “Current User” as well as the original “Server” so that the name of the server who updates an order can be printed.
- When the setting “UseModifierPriceOnPriceBandAdjustment” was NOT ticked, prices for price per item price bands were not being applied.
- The Reservation screen has been modified to ensure all Reservation IDs are clearly visible.
- A hang no longer occurs when returning to the Takeaway screen from the Member Accounts Customer Details screen.
- A Takeaway’s Collection date now remains correct following the application of a price band.
- The Deliveroo Integration has been modified to ensure that stock reductions are made correctly.
- An error when using “Waste Items” in the payment screen no longer occurs.
- An error that could happen if End Of Day was initiated from the Table Plan screen has been fixed.
- A “Bad Request” error no longer occurs in the ResDiary integration when converting a Tab to a Table.
- The error “Can’t show non-modal form when modal form is displayed” no longer occurs when seating a walk-in with the ResDiary integration.
- An error no longer occurs during auto-logoff when a settings change is applied on another terminal.
- A crash no longer occurs when voiding an item that contained a modifier option from the 2nd page of options.
- An error no longer occurs when refunding a transaction that includes a service charge
- An error that could occur when pointOne wrote to its event log no longer occurs.
- Service charges are no longer omitted from Rezlynx room posts.
- Fixed a table locked error for the PaymentSense pay-at-table integration when the payment amount is unexpectedly zero.
- When a settings update is triggered on another terminal the prompt requiring the user to restart pointOne no longer appears on the customer-facing screen. The prompt now correctly appears on the Till screen, enabling the user to respond and restart pointOne.
- The postcode lookup service no longer fails when its Url is not specified because the default Url is used instead.
- The application of VAT to a bill is no longer inconsistent when the takeaway priceband button is used and the order includes a modifier option.
- The login pin-pad no longer remains disabled after a failed fingerprint login
- pointOne no longer hangs when swapping logins using the fingerprint reader when the payment screen is open.
- An infrequent crash to the desktop no longer happens when closing the cash drawer when the payment screen is open.
- Refunding a transaction no longer encounters a crash when accessed via the interval ordering screen.
- Table name changes were not always picked up by the Kitchen Management System.
- Yoyo transactions no longer fail when paying for a 0% VAT rate item.
- ResDiary Walk-Ins no longer incorrectly display the message “Deposit(s) Available to Redeem” on the payment screen.
17 May 2021
- pointOne’s AvonData Integration incurred errors in Guest Room Search and Post To Room as a result of switching to use the new AvonData endpoint called RezControl. The AvonData Integration’s Guest Room Search and Post To Room functionality now work as expected.
29 April 2021
pointOne Spektrix integration
- An embedded onscreen keyboard was added to assist with manually entering a Spektrix Customer ID.
- The clarity of error messages was improved.
- Connectivity to the Spektrix API was improved.
- Fixed a bug that prevented a second or subsequent scan of a Spektrix QR code.
- An error triggered by Auto-Logoff that caused pointOne to crash was fixed.
22 April 2021
- pointOne contains fixes for label printing.
- An “X of Y” counter has been added to show how many labels there are for an order.
- The “X more” label caption was fixed to indicate the number of modifiers that could not be printed due to lack of space on the label when there are 15 or more modifiers.
- Improvements to the label print format.
9 April 2021
- The Online Ordering Print Manager has been updated so that consumers of our Online Ordering API (OOAPI) can control when orders are printed.
22 February 2021
- A webhook infrastructure has been created that allows client software and integrations such as Kurve, Deliveroo and Uber Eats to receive notifications about menu changes.
- Deliverect Integration released.
- The pointOne software updater application has been changed to support slower networks.
- The ability to notify the Avenista integration of table moves has been added.
- The Members and Loyalty Customer Account Details screen now uses the new postcode lookup screen.
- An error in price band price calculation when using the modifier option price (rather than the modifier option’s underlying product price) has been fixed.
- Auto Logoff caused an error when the ResDiary integration’s Reservation or New Table screens were in use.
- An error due to Auto Logoff happened after selecting Clock Out then Close Down Terminal / Shift.
- A crash occurred when loading membership data.
- An error occurred when exporting Member and Accounts data to a CSV file.
- An error prevented saving user permissions to a profile.
- When a table was closed by a Pay-at-Table payment, a ResDiary table was not closed.
- ResDiary tables were locked incorrectly when a ResDiary walk-in was created followed by Auto Logoff.
- When a ResDiary booking with a deposit was paid for by Pay-at-Table, the deposit amount was not accounted for correctly.
- The ability to select multiple postcodes in the postcode lookup screen has been prevented.
- The postcode lookup screen prevented subsequent lookups following a failed lookup.
- Como refunds now work as expected when the Como Background Service is used.
- Logoff triggered by “Sign user off when logged in at another terminal” functionality no longer causes an error if the same user is already logged in at another terminal and is using the Table Plan screen.
16 November 2020
- Added the ability to send receipts and kitchen prints directly to a printer using its IP address without having to install printer drivers.
- Added Print Templates to enable customisation of Kitchen Print formatting.
- An Order Status application has been created that can be used to show the status of orders to waiting customers on a customer facing screen.
- A new setting – “Allow Partial Charges to Cashless Account” – has been added to allow\prevent the use of an account balance to pay for an order when the balance of the account is insufficient to cover the bill.
- A Windows XP Long Term Support version is available.
- The Postcode lookup screen has been re-written giving it a new look and improved error handling.
- The Como customer login screen has been overhauled to improve its appearance and usability.
- The ResDiary service now supports auto update.
- Several improvements and bug fixes have been made to the Takeaway screen.
- The COVID Track and Trace screen now works correctly when Member Accounts are configured to use a central server.
- The HOP integration is now more robust and can handle data sync from more than one site to a single HOP account, multiple syncs of the same day, and manual syncs of a skipped day.
- Emailing of the EOD report and staff scheduling now works as expected.
- The Yoyo integration has improved support for scanners and now works well with pointOne’s Auto Logoff functionality
- The Paymentsense Pay-at-Table service has been improved to reconnect automatically when a connection is lost.
- Approximately 70 other stability and usability improvements and bug fixes were made.
22 July 2020
- Added Eat Out to Help Out discount to support the government scheme.
- Extended Eat Out to Help Out to work beyond the original government scheme dates.
- Improvements made to the pointOne software update process.
- Fault in COVID Track and Trace report fixed.
- Improvements made to the Avenista integration.
- Meal Deals with a £ sign in the name did not print the £ sign correctly.
- Auto Logoff no longer causes an error when triggered by the cash drawer closing.
29 January 2020
- The ResDiary integration was overhauled to improve stability and reliability.
15 January 2020
- The Como Background service was introduced to speed up Como transactions.
- The Como integration has an improved appearance with clearer screen layout and larger font sizes to make button selection easier.
- Interval orders no longer print modifiers twice.
- Takeaway orders were not indicating their pricing method correctly leading to the possibility of incorrect prices.
- Transactions were failing to complete correctly after cancelling out of assigning a customer location.
- Paying for a bill with Como credit caused pointOne to attempt to close the transaction twice, resulting in an error.
- After applying a 100% Como discount, the bill failed to close.
- Removing a modifier from a double measure drink in the table order screen encountered an error.
- The Como integration did not accept swiped card numbers shorter than 11 digits.
- Pay at Table has been modified so that deposit redemptions are correctly subtracted from Total to Pay on the card machine and included in Already Paid in the card machine’s bill print.
4 December 2019
- The ability to calculate price band prices using either a modifier option’s price, or the modifier option’s underlying product price has been added.
- Improved consistency and clarity of configuration so that central deposits are used with remote loyalty to prevent errors when redeeming deposits.
- Colouring of the deposits report has been improved.
- Improved reliability for launching the On-Screen Keyboard (OSK) on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Como modifier discount prices are now correct when printing a guest bill.
- Print Last Receipt now works correctly for the Ingenico interface.
- The feature “Log user off when signing in on another terminal” now works as expected.
- The pointOne Android App will Auto Add items to new orders in the same way as pointOne.
- The pointOne Android App uses the expected modifier option price when using the new modifier option pricing feature.
- The pointOne Android App now uses the new modifier option pricing feature to calculate price band prices correctly.
- Kitchen printouts from the pointOne Android App are now the same as the equivalent printouts from pointOne.
7 November 2019
- The Kitchen Management System has a new load balancing feature. Multiple screens receive orders in turn to even out workload for chefs.
- Swipe card support for customer identification for the Como integration.
- A customer’s location, e.g. Bar, Poolside, Patio, can be obtained at point of payment and printed on the kitchen printout.
- Rezlynz integration updated to include department and shift information with room posts.
- Kitchen Management System setup has been improved to make kitchen screen setup simpler and quicker.
- Deposits linked to a reservation can now be used with split bill payments.
- When a deposit is partially redeemed a receipt is printed showing the remaining balance.
- The “Deposits / vouchers sold” report’s summary amount is now correct.
- When a bar tab is converted to a table, the table number is shown on the Kitchen Management System’s screen.
- Editing the screen position of modifier options no longer causes a crash.
- Applying a discount to a bill when all the items on the bill are marked as not discountable no longer causes a crash.
- Rezlynx search by name works as expected.
- Calculating a Meal Deal percentage discount no longer encounters a rounding error.
- Running the EOD report on a day when there are no transactions no longer causes an error.
- A settings change no longer triggers a crash when “Use Table Plan” and “Default to Table Plan” are ticked.
- When saving system settings and Auto Logoff is used an error no longer occurs.
- Applying a pre-set discount to a basket with items that disallow discounting will correctly apply the discount to only those items that allow discounting.
- Users can no longer log into any terminal when assigned to one terminal and the Access Method is Operator ID.
- Cash Drawer Closing is now responded to correctly.
- Como discounts are now recorded correctly.
- When displaying Rezlynz posting codes an error no longer occurs.
- Centrally recorded deposits can now be deleted and no error is encountered.
- When editing Table Plan, changes to Max Covers and Department for a table are now saved.
- Clicking a table’s shape on the table plan now opens the table.
- The currency symbol is no longer pre-fixed to the Como integration’s points balance.
- It is now possible to close the “Redeem Como Gifts & Voucher” screen without making a selection.
- The pointOne Android App now sends modifiers to the kitchen printer correctly.
- The pointOne Android App now groups items correctly.
- The pointOne Android App no longer displays modifiers twice incorrectly.
- The pointOne Android App now correctly notifies the Kitchen Management System about changes to modifiers.
- The pointOne Android App now handles Rezlynx posting codes correctly.
- The pointOne Android App’s price calculation for meals with modifiers is now correct.
- Stock values are now correctly reduced when the pointOne Android App is used.
5 July 2019
- The ability to automatically add an item to every bill has been added.
- A screen to add custom pre-set kitchen messages is now available.
- Deposit functionality has been improved so that deposits can be redeemed across participating sites.
- Pay at Table functionality was re-written using new facilities provided by Paymentsense to improve stability.
- Kitchen Management System’s display of changes to modifiers has been improved.
- pointOne Android App has been updated to enable payments with a Paymentsense card machine and Pay at Table.
- Improved handling of 64-bit cash drawer feedback.
- A bug that caused items to be included in the wrong category in the Item Popularity Sales Report has been fixed.
- Modifiers on receipts were incorrectly classed as drinks.
- An error occurred when making a cash or card pre-payment when paying by Como.
- The pointOne Android App is fixed so that receipts are printed when payment is made on the tablet.
- The pointOne Android App is fixed so that payment details needed for reporting are included in the database
Still have questions?
If there is anything else you have questions about that we haven’t covered here please just let us know.